The Different Types Of Lace Front Wig Glue & Tape
Lace Wigs and Lace Front Wigs are more popular today than ever before, but do you know the different types of Lace Front Wig glue & tape you can use?
Lace Wigs and Lace Front Wigs used to be only available to the rich and famous and were a well kept secret.
Today they are widely available and have changed the lives of many people throughout the world. Lace Wigs and Lace Front Wigs give a virtually undetectable hairline and can be parted anywhere. This gives the illusion that the hair is growing from the scalp and have help improve the confidence of anyone wearing them, especially hair loss suffers.
As these wigs have a full lace cap or partial lace cap, like lace front wigs, then you will need to attach the wigs using some type of glue or double sided tape.
Benefits of Using Glue
1) You can get a strong secure bond that can last around 7 -10 days, depending on your body chemistry.
2) The glue can be undetectable through the wig, keeping the illusion of the wig being your own hair.
3) If applied correctly you cannot see the glue through the lace of the wig.
Disadvantages of using Glue
1) The glue is a chemical and you can therefore be allergic to some if not all of the glues on the market. Always test this by putting a drop on your skin below the jaw for 24 hours to see if you have any adverse reaction to it.
2) It can be a messy procedure to remove the glue from the wig and not to get it into the hair.
3) When applied incorrectly you can see the glue through the wig as a thick creamy colour and is especially noticeable if you have a darker skin ton
Benefits of using double sided tape.
1) Easy to apply to either your skin or wig.
2) Easy to remove with very little clean up.
2) It’s very rare to have an allergic reaction to the tape and is used as an alternative to the liquid glue.
Disadvantages of using double sided tape.
1) The bond is not as secure as the liquid glue.
There are many difference types of liquid glue and tape on the market and we’ll list some of the more popular ones.
Walker Ultra Hold is probably one of the best known liquid glues for attaching your Lace Wig or Lace Front Wig. As the name suggests you do get a very strong bond with this glue.
However some people are unable to get the best results from using it due to not understanding how to apply it.
The best method to using Walker Ultra Hold is:
1) Use a small paint brush to apply the glue. One from a children’s paint kit from a .99p store will do.
2) You’ll need to apply 1-3 this coats of the glue. This is where many women slip up and apply one very think coating of the glue which then shows through the lace. Apply one thin layer, leave until it is tacky and see through and then apply the next layer and do the same.
By allowing the first layer to go see through and tacky it is easy to apply the next layer and when the wig is then put on you cannot see the glue through the lace of the wig.
Walker No Shine Double Sided Tape come in many different contours. The main benefit if this tape is that it doesn’t reflect the light so there is no shine of the tape under the wig.