What Are HD Brows?
You may be one of the women who have heard of HD brows, but wonder what HD brows are and what is involved.
The traditional way to shape your eyebrows was to pluck or wax your eyebrows and then fill in with colour where needed.
Now you can have perfectly shaped and defined brows with HD brows, just like the celebrities we see everyday on the television and in magazines, now that you know what are HD Brows.
HD Brows dramatically enhances your your facial features due to the high precision procedure, that gives you perfect brows.
There are 7 steps that need to be followed by your HD brow trained technician.
- Assessment – You’ll have an initial assessment of your colouring, face shape and brows to work out the best look for you.You have to remember that everyone is different so you may get the perfect look on the first visit. This would be due to you needing to grow back more of your eyebrows to get the optimal results. The aim is to give you the perfect shape for you and we will have different brows to start with
- Tinting – A special tint is applied which will cover all of the brow hair including the straggly ones around the brows. This is so that the skilled technician can get the best shape for you. The tint itself gives longer lasting results than the traditional tint. Plus the it’s matched to your colouring and what results you want.
- Waxing – This will be done both below and above the brows. There are special HD Brow guidelines that the skilled technician will follow.
- Threading – Yes threading! Not the most comfortable of procedures but effective with HD Brows.
- Tweezing – Now your brows will have to have tweezers used on them to fine tune the shaping of your browns.
- Trimming – You’ll need any long hairs to be trimmed so that the brow hair looks perfect in it’s new shape.
- Aftercare – If you have any areas of the eyebrow that has previously been over plucked then a eyebrow pencil or powder will be used. To set your new celebrity eyebrows Brow Beater will be used.
Do’s and Don’ts
- You will need to let you eyebrows to grow back in around 4 weeks before you attempt to have your first treatment. Remember the technician needs as much hair in the brow as possible.
- HD Brow’s involves no “hair replacement” so if you have thin brows or they are hard to grown then the technician will shape them to there best possible shape.
- You will need a patch test before the treatment to see if you have any reaction to the tinting. A trained technician will ask you to go to the salon, at least 24hrs before your appointment, and put a small amount of the tint to either the back of your ear or the crease in your elbow. If there is irritated skin then you will not be able to have the treatment.
- You will need to have the HD Brow every 4-6 weeks if you want to maintain the look.
- Only use exfoliating products containing AHA’s or fruit acids at least a week after the treatment.
- You would have to wait at least 6 months, if you have taken any skin thinning medication
Subscribe to the Afuro Hair and Beauty blog for more Hair and Beauty tips.