How To Put Mascara On Like A Professional
Knowing how to put mascara on like a professional will draw attention to your eyes and make them look fun and eye catching. The great thing about mascara is that it adds length, thickness and also can darken your eyes.
You may think that because you have applied your eyeshadow in an awesome way with some new techniques that it will stand, it won’t unless you use mascara.
On the reverse side, if you don’t wear eyeshadow or wear very little mascara will define your eyes and open them up.
Now you may think that applying mascara is to just unscrew the tube and away you go but how many women have you seen with big clumps in their lashes from using to much? Or due to using to much they develop racoon eyes later in the day.
That isn’t the look we are going for. In fact we want the mascara to look as natural as possible and enhance our looks.
By knowing how to use mascara in the correct way and with practice you can use it as an enhancer and not a detractor of your looks.
Finding the Right One
Finding the right mascara can be a real ball ache because there are so many to choose from and they all promise extra longer, luscious, added volume lashes. Yes, it can be a little overwhelming and it can put you off. However the tips below can save you a lot of time.
- Formula – There are 4 different things that mascara can do for your lashes. Adding length, curling, thickening and Volumizing. The first thing is to know what you want. If you want fuller lashes then go for the volumizing option. Lengthening mascara is if you want longer lashes. Some mascaras promise that they can do both, so if you want both pick a good
- Waterproof – If you are going to wear mascara all day then waterproof is the best option for you. If you have put curls into your lashes using an eyelash curler then this will keep that curl in. The downside is that it’s tougher to get off then non waterproof mascara and you’ll need to have a specific remover for this type of product. For women wearing contact lenses or just have super sensitive eyes you’ll need to buy a hypoallergenic to keep your eyes irritant free.
- Color – If you have light skin or a pale, a brown/black mascara would be better suited for you. For everyone else, black mascara is the one for you as it gives the lashes a fuller effect and just looks perfect.
Tips for Applying Mascara
- Twist the wand in a back and forth motion while in the tube so that the wand is coated in the product. By pumping the wand in and out of the tube you push air into the tube, which then dries out the mascara and causes that flaking and clumping.
- Curling your lashes is not a must but it does give the illusion of longer looking lashes. Start at the root of the lashes and hold the curler for no more than 10 seconds on the lash and repeat at the ends.
- Remove ay excess product from the wand when you remove it from the tube. It’s this excess product that makes the lashes clumpy.
- You may want to start on the bottom lashes first as this will stop the dots appearing on your lid when you look down to apply the product to the bottom lashes. Starting at the bottom lashes, lean your head forward and use a side to side motion of the wand on your lashes until you have the amount of product you want on the lashes. You may want to lean your head forward a bit to stop getting product on your cheek. If this does happen then use a piece of card held over the area when putting the product on.
- Once you have again coated your wand with product you can start on the upper lashes. Looking straight ahead place the wand at the base of your lashes. To give you lashes extra curl, move the wand in a back and forth motion while moving it up to the ends of the lashes. Depending on how thick you want your lashes this may take a couple of coats.