What Are Tape Hair Extensions and Skin Weft Extensions?
There are many types of extensions available on the market today, but not many people know what are tape hair extensions and skin wefts extensions even though they have been around for a few years.
Tape hair extensions and skin weft extensions are one and the same thing. The hair extensions are in sections, just like clip in hair extensions, and instead of the hair being attached to a weft the hair is attached to double sided tape.
How To Attach The Tape Hair Extensions:
- Using a shampoo that removes products and oil from your hair, shampoo your hair.
- Condition your hair suing a deep treatment conditioner.
- Straighten your hair so that it’s flat.
- Taking 1′ pieces of hair from around you face layer the front section of hair.
- The back pieces will then be zig zagged across the back of your head.
- When attached the tape hair extensions you need to attach one piece to the underside of the section of hair and then another pieces on the top section of hair.
- You want to have your hair sandwiched between the 2 layers.
- It is important that the bottom and top pieces of tape are attached together. Not with one higher or lower than the other as this can also be uncomfortable to wear.
- Always attach the tape weft an inch below your scalp, otherwise they will be uncomfortable to wear.
- Press down hard on the 2 pieces of tape extensions, as this will help them to stick. You can also, using a flat iron, tap the tape extensions between the hot blades. This will melt the glue and attach them more quickly.
- Repeat the process for the whole head.
How To Remove The Tape Hair Extensions:
- Using a Lace Tape Remover such as Walker C22 solvent spray, spray a little solution onto the extensions where the tape is.
- The solution will breakdown the glue and you can then un-sandwich them from your hair.
Tape Hair Extensions or Skin Wefts can be re-used when you remove all of the glue from the tape. You can then buy the tape, Walker No Shine Tape is very good, and reattach the extensions to the tape.
You can re-use the tape hair extensions a few times so they are well worth the money. However depending on if you exercise or perspire a lot you may need to take them out and reattach them every few months.
- Quick to install.
- Feels light on the head.
- Lay flat on your head so that you can sleep comfortably.
- Doesn’t damage your hair when removed within 2 months.
- Easy to remove.
When wearing Tape Hair Extensions, you need to stay away from products like Argon Oil as this will make the tape extensions come out quicker.
Tape hair extensions are not for everyone, however now that you know what tape hair extensions or skin weft extensions are you can now make that decision.
Watch the video on how to remove the glue from your Tape Hair Extensions.
You can view our range of Tape Hair Extensions or Skin Wefts Extensions at Afuro Hair and Beauty